Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Baby, Ain't No Such Thing As Free Lunch!

So in the spirit of the birth of my new baby weblog, I have been trying hard to figure out what's the best way to do this blogging thingy. I love my new baby dearly but for one small hiccups. I hate the ad banners on the top side tho I have to admit, it's still tolerable compare to those annoying pop-up ad.

Being me, I became obsessed with the quest of getting rid the ad. So I start searching other weblog provider that is kind enough to provide the tools AND the place to blog, without putting any kind of ad. I didn't really expect to succeed but, to my amazement, I did find one site that do just that. It even host your images for free. I was in a shock mode (mouth open wide) than happy mode (doing little rain dancing, huhahuha!) than confuse mode (hand scratching head). You see, I've been thought by past experience that something that are too good to be true just can not possibly be true. Like God just don't create Jessica Simpson with beautiful body and voice AND giving her Einstein's brain. That will just going to break the law of nature.

Now, I tried googling to find some reasonable explanation, but nothing really satisfied me. Until I stumble to this article. I guess there's no such thing as free lunch anymore. Not these days. So if that little ad banner is the one that 'feeding' my weblog, than so be it.

2 Comments:

At 25/6/04 08:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a script to get rid of the banner. i tried to paste it in this comment but it seems that blogger doesn't allow it to be put in here. so maybe if you can display your email i can email the script to you. :)

 
At 25/6/04 13:51, Blogger Sanity INC. said...

Thanks :) That's very kind of you. But I guess I'll keep it the way it is for now. Just wanted to be fair with Blogger for giving me the spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home