Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Jakarta's Sky

The past few months I’ve been having problem in sleeping. It didn’t used to be that way tho. My bedtime, embarassingly speaking, was usually at around 9.30 or 10 pm. Not that much different from little kid :) Coming back tired from office, shower, maybe dinner, and off me go to bed. I love the temporary comfort that sleep is giving me, escaping from real world.

But somehow I lost my reverie. I spend a lot of time looking outside my window till late hours now. And I start to notice something that I actually already knew before.

Jakarta has no real star. All that building lights blind the naked eyes and hide the stars. So I stop looking up and beginning to observe the city down below. It’s amazing, you know. The lights. I like to think that each light represents an active action somewhere in the dark nights.

They have become my new constellation.

Right outside my bedroom window, lying in my bed, I could see one of the many building in Casablanca road. It has a big dome on top. In some nights, they have all the lights on. Yellowish on top, mixed of bluish green below.

And that, is my new moon.

But nothing beat a clear cloudless sky with millions of stars twinkiling and the white moon smiling. Sometime I miss those desert nights. When nothing stand in the way blocking my view. Just me and the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home