Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Irony

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages."
From Shakespeare [As You Like It]

Yes, we are all merely players in this crazy world. And my parents could probably win an oscar for best actor and actress.

This weekend, my sister broke the news of my father blow out scene when I was still away for the course. He said that he wants to divorce my mum. That he hasn't been happy for the last one year and that he feels like divorce is a way to avoid him hitting my mum. All that, infront of my poor sweet mum that just keep her mouth shut.

I know about my dad bad temper which drive the family nuts from time to time. But I always thought that even tho they might not be in a lovey-dovey newly-wed condition anymore, they are at least in some sort of comfort zone with each other. I mean 28 years of marriage is not a short time. To say that I'm shock and dissapointed is an understatement.

The sad thing is not really on the divorce. I can accept that, as I'm sure that my sisters can too. As long as they can be happy. What is sad is I think they will not get divorce and just stuck being unhappy on the last stage of their life. I don't think my dad will ever survive taking care of himself. You're talking about the guy who ask my mum to do ever single thing, even taking his own drink from the kitchen. And he knows that we, the daughters, are closer to mum than to him. My mum would probably bear her pain in silent so that she won't be a burden to her daughters or family. And so they will continue living their life as players in stage. Putting their mask to the world and living the live that they don't love.

It's very hard for me to look at my dad and respect him as an individual. I know that he raised me but I have lost my respect. The best I could is tolerate him, for old time sake, and for respecting my mum wish. Even if she wish to stay with him.

And to think that all this happen when I'm preparing my wedding.

Isn't life is just one big comedy play?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home