Saturday, November 06, 2004

Baby BOOM!

This year, the hot topic for people around me is definitely BABY. Either from people in the office, or friends outside of work environment, everybody seems to be expecting baby soon. Some have been waiting for quite some time, others are newlywed and could not wait to experience the parenthood. And I couldn't be more happier for them.

Being a parent, must be one of the toughest responsibility a human being can get in lifetime. Imagine, having that much power in someone life. That big of impact in shaping one character. I know that I owe my parents practically everything that I am now and no words could ever express my gratitude to them.

And I can't help but wondering, why is that motherhood instinct have not kick in me yet. I'm 26 years old and I can't imagine myself having a baby any time soon. Am I normal? One of my friend from uni already has 3 kids. THREE... and I can't even imagining to have one.

It's funny that my boyfriend and I have talked so many time about what kind of cat we will get after we married. What color, how many, male/female, and all that kind of silly stuff. And as far that I can remember, our conversation about kids only occurred once. And that's, "hmmm... and I think we'll have kids one day".

The thing is, my idea of parenthood is based on my experience with my parents. And they have set the bar HIGH. I don't know if I ever can be THAT committed to another human being. I mean, you're talking to a girl who can't even keep her Tamagochi alive :( I don't know... maybe I'm still too selfish to be able to put someone in higher priority than me.

3 Comments:

At 6/11/04 07:34, Blogger McBean said...

I'm 24 and don't want kids for another couple years. I'm not married either...don't want that for at least another year. People these days are in a huge rush to get married and have kids. Once they do...what's left? I guess I'm in the mindset that you should be somewhat established first. Maybe I'm wrong. Most people seem to think so.

 
At 7/11/04 03:42, Blogger Sanity INC. said...

I know what you mean. I see so many uncaring parents out there, too busy to notice their children. I think people should really be ready and establish before they become parents, and by that I don't mean it financially, but mentally.

 
At 12/11/04 01:01, Blogger Sanity INC. said...

Would not think that this post attract fellow Tamagochi killer :)) And so glad to find others with the same feeling, maybe than I won't feel so guilty for not wanting (yet?) what the 'normal society' expect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home