Monday, January 16, 2006

JANUARY Habit

Deciding a new habit turns out to be trickier than I thought. Should I aim high or low. Should it be for the body or the soul. Should it be simple or complex.

Thinking... thinking... thinking... At the end, inspired by this article in Time, I decided to make a 20 minutes a day meditation part of my daily ritual. Direct quote from the writing, "meditation directly affects the function and structure of the brain, changing it in ways that appear to increase attention span, sharpen focus and improve memory". The article did said 40 minutes of meditation, but starting in moderate pace seems to be what's best for me.

So last weekend, I bought a meditation book from QB and a meditation CD music. This morning I did a 5 minutes session. Didn't feel any focus getting sharper or memory getting improve (proven by me forgetting to grab a banana for breakfast on my way out). But maybe it's because my grey matter need a higher dose of meditation before any of that effects reach me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home