Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bye Bracknell

One more night, one more sleep. I almost finish packing, only need to add few more things tomorrow morning. Now that it's almost time to go, I want to freeze the memories of these last three weeks. A few points of high and low as my sweet reminder.

The High
- Love the hotel, the room was fantastic. Well, not really a room actually, it's more like a mini studio apartment. A luxury compared to all my previous courses. The hotel is also well located. Right in the middle of the town centre and only 15min walking from the office.
- Love my morning walk to the office. Love the feel of cold, fresh air against my face. Love the colour of autumn everywhere, lighting up even the greyest day.
- Love the tunnels that they used as street crossing here. They're all decorated with gorgeous wall painting.
- Love London. I always love London. The architecture, the history, even the greyness of it. If I imagine London as a man, I think of it like an old man with infinite wisdom, full of wrinkle, a bit grumpy but with lots of dry humour. A friendly grandpa. I don't know why I think of London that way. I just do.
- Love all those old pub. The low ceiling. The wobbly wooden tables & chair.
- Speaking of pub, would definitely remember the three guys I've been hanging out in these course. 1 Venezuelan, 1 Colombian, 1 Brazilian. I'm very grateful that they make an effort of not speaking in Spanish whenever I'm around, even if I happen not to be involve with that conversation. I love it that we could have fun drinking together regardless of the age, cultural and technical knowledge difference. I found it hilarious that it only took 2 beers for those guys to start talking about finite elements and geomathematical modelling. Crazy people :D I can't even imagine talking about it sober.

The Low
- Three weeks are just too long. Since I have the additional 1 week in KL, it's even worst. I miss home, miss my hubby, miss my crazy cats.
- Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich... Aaargh... having sandwich for lunch every single weekday is just too much for my Asian tummy.
- Wish the course was better structured with better time management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home