Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stupid Rambling When Sleep Won't Come

I miss my parents.

Funny... cos they never really far. Least not in distance. They only half an hour car rides on a lazy-traffic-free Saturday. I still talk to my mum at least once a week. I used to visit them almost every weekend. Even now, I tried to meet them at least once a month. But physical distance was never the problem.

I miss my parents.

But there's this invisible gap between us that seems to spread. Bigger and bigger. I'm like a walking broken skull with a hole that seems to grow. Bigger and bigger.

I miss my parents.

The time when we used to be able to talk everything. When secrets are not needed. When the conversation does not die after half an hour, not knowing what to say next. When you still think that you know the person that you share your blood with.

I miss my parents.

And I wish they miss me too. I hope they want to know me for the person I am now. Even if I don't turn out to be the perfect daughter that they want me to be. I love them more now than before. Because I saw the flaws, parents are human being, just like me. They are not perfect. And I love them regardless. I hope they can see the human in me, with all the defects, and love me regardless too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home